About Brahma Kumaris
Since 1936, Brahma Kumaris has been working to introduce reflection and calm into everyday life. Brahma Kumaris inspire individuals to feel contended and thrive, by helping them utilize their latent inner powers. Learning to enter into a natural state of calm on a daily basis, helps us to think more deeply and live out our values in more authentic ways.
Millions of individuals and families all over the world from more than 130 countries have brought about a qualitative change in their lives through the courses offered. The Brahma Kumaris is an international non–governmental organisation (NGO) in general consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and in consultative status with UNICEF. It is also affiliated to the UN Department of Public Information. The Brahma Kumaris global headquarters is in Mount Abu, Rajasthan, in India.
The Rajyoga Education and Research Foundation(RE&RF)was created to systematically and effectively guide specialized community services in more than 20 areas of society. The Foundation provides facilities and help for research. It encourages the study and practice of the principles of truth, non-violence and spiritual values through the medium of Rajyoga Meditation. Each Wing aims to provide a spiritual approach that can bring about sustainable development in its respective domain. This is a sister organisation of Brahma Kumaris.
IT Wing activities are volunteered by a team of IT professionals who practice RajaYoga Meditation on a daily basis as taught by Brahma Kumaris. This is the group that also bring spirituality into practical life, impacting positively, their workplace and co-workers. Whatever they experienced, experimented with and benefited from, they share with the rest of IT fraternity through IT Wing programs.
Our Objectives are:
- To introduce the basic concepts of meditation and spirituality in very gentle, interactive and practical way through various events.
- To make simple and profound principles of Rajyoga Meditation accessible and applicable to IT Professionals so that they can lead peaceful personal life and productive professional life.
- To give spiritual sustenance to the IT Professionals who practice Rajyoga Meditation through retreats/programs.
The spirit of inclusiveness, co-operation and warmth in this team helps individuals experience and express the best in them and bring about qualitative change in their lives.
As a community service, IT Wing organises a variety of self-development programs like, seminars, lectures, workshops, conferences and retreats. In these events we discuss about 'Inner Technology' whose applications can revitalize and rejuvenate our personal and professional lives.
Some of the events that we organise are:
- unConferences conducted at our headquarters in Mount Abu, Rajasthan.
- Spirituality in IT Retreats conducted every month in various cities like Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore etc.
- Meditation retreats for Rajyoga practitioners, all over India, who work in IT Industry.
Benefits of the events
- To stay calm under pressure by 'rethinking' the mind-set.
- To understand 'Self' and harness innate potential.
- To apply various principles of spirituality to overcome myriad situations that one may face.
- To handle different people related issues that one may face at work place.
- To improve decision making capabilities.
- To improve efficiency and effectiveness (and thus productivity).